Position Available: Controller
TRINITY CATHEDRAL EPISCOPAL CHURCH
Trinity Cathedral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Description: Trinity Cathedral has a full-time opening for an experienced Controller. The Controller will serve as the financial steward and will be responsible for optimizing all administrative and related functions within accounting and finance, ensuring full compliance with all local, state and government regulations.
The Controller will develop and implement appropriate financial strategies, policies and practices while managing the day-to-day accounting and finance tasks as required.
All activities are to be aligned with the Cathedral’s mission, vision, and values. The Controller reports to the Dean and will also work with the Leadership Board (Vestry), Finance Committee and Audit Committee.
- Perform all day-to-day accounting/finance functions
- Prepare, analyze and interpret financial reports for administration and other bodies, such as the Leadership Board (Vestry)
- Complete all duties in strict compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), government statutes, and in accordance with the ethical standards of The Episcopal Church.
- Maintain comprehensive systems providing consistent oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities.
- Provide for routine certified independent assessments of internal controls as well as audits.
- Serve as the principal liaison to external auditors, banking institutions and related vendors/entities.
- Oversee the development, approval process and transparent management/administration of all related budgets
- Responsible for regular budget analysis
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting and/or finance
- At least five years of experience with non-profit organizations in which you have successfully taken on new challenges and responsibilities
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations are strongly preferred
- Blackbaud software experience is a plus
- Clear and creative communication skills – written and oral
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including budget adherence
Compensation: Competitive salary in the $75-$90K range and excellent benefits including health insurance and a retirement pension plan.
About Trinity Cathedral: Located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, Trinity is the cathedral for the Episcopal Diocese of Ohio and a thriving community of faith serving nearly 800 active members. Trinity’s commitment to its faith and service in downtown Cleveland are expressed through impactful hunger, outreach and community-building programs and vibrant small-group ministries.
Its Gothic style cathedral, designed by noted Cleveland architect Charles Schweinfurth, is on the National Register. Its commitment to bringing sacred public space to the community is evident in its outward facing, 100,000 SF campus including the 2002 Trinity Commons expansion of event, meeting, exhibit spaces, and storefronts retail. The Cathedral and Commons annually welcome thousands of people for worship, community conversation, special events, arts performances, seminars, educational programs, and neighborhood outreach.
Trinity Cathedral strives to maintain a work environment where the unique attributes, perspectives, backgrounds, skills, and abilities of each individual are valued. The Cathedral does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, status as a uniformed services member and genetic information. Our commitment to diversity and equal opportunity employment applies to all employees and applicants.
To Apply: Please email letter of interest, resume, references, and salary requirements with a subject heading of “Controller Search” to firstname.lastname@example.org.