2017 marks Trinity’s fifth year of involvement with Prison Fellowship’s Angel Tree program. This important ministry provides gifts to children with incarcerated parents, given on the parents’ behalf.
Angel Tree estimates that 1.7 million children have a parent in prison. This year, Trinity has the names of 60 Cleveland-area children in need of Christmas gifts.
You can get involved in several ways:
- Purchase Christmas gifts as requested by the prisoner and/or family member caring for the children. Most of these gifts are in the $20-25 range. Trinity’s Prison Fellowship Angel Tree with gift tags will be in the Promenade on Sunday, November 26. Choose a gift tag and return the gift to Trinity (wrapped or unwrapped) by Sunday, December 17.
- Make a monetary donation to be used for Christmas gifts for the identified children.
- Shop for gifts for children, for those who may not be able to shop.
- Help wrap gifts on Sunday, December 17.
- During the week of December 18-23, help deliver gifts to the homes of the children on behalf of their incarcerated parent.