Search Committee Update
Posted: July 5, 2017
Dear Fellow Members,
I am writing with an update from Trinity’s Dean Search Committee. As we have outlined before, the search for a new dean has four phases:
1. Congregational assessment, which includes
◦ Establishing ways to collect feedback and communicate with congregation
◦ Facilitating small group meetings with the congregation
◦ Compiling and reviewing congregational feedback
◦ Developing a parish profile
2. The search, which includes
◦ Developing a job description
◦ Distributing the job description and parish profile throughout the wider church.
◦ Collecting and reviewing resumes and applications
◦ Conducting interviews (conference calls, Skype, and in-person)
3. The election/appointment of a new dean
◦ Trinity’s Dean Search Committee will make a recommendation to the Bishop pursuant to the Canons for the Diocese of Ohio which provide that “[t]he Vestry shall elect a Dean upon nomination of the Bishop of the Diocese in consultation with a search committee of the Cathedral Parish.”
4. The welcome of a new dean
We are in the congregational assessment phase, as we determine what it means to be a congregation and the Cathedral of the Diocese of Ohio.
The turn-out for the phase one congregational meetings has been outstanding. We have received tremendous feedback about what Trinity members love about Trinity, ideas for areas for opportunity for Trinity, and what it means to be a Cathedral and how we can better serve that role.
There are more small group meetings scheduled on July 9 at 9 a.m. and July 25 at 6 p.m. If you have not done so already, please join us for one of these discussions. Please RSVP to David Cratty (email@example.com) so that we can ensure that there will be seating for everyone.
We plan to develop a profile of Trinity Cathedral by September, and to distribute the profile and advertise the position to the wider church starting in October. At that point, we will collect and review resumes as they are sent to us. It is difficult to place a timeline on the third phase – the election and appointment of the new dean — as we cannot anticipate when the right person will apply. But we will work as long as it takes to complete the search and hiring process, and keep you updated along the way.
Please continue to pray for the Dean Search Committee as it does its work.
Chair of the Trinity Cathedral Dean Search Committee