In this series, we will focus on God as the Chief Gardener of our soul, and we will seek out ways to grow into the fullness God desires for us. Just as stakes and lattices support the growth of young plants, so too can spiritual disciplines support the flourishing of our whole being. This series uses a tool from monastic spirituality called a ‘Rule of Life’ to help us cultivate our relationships with God, Self, Others, and Creation. This is an exciting opportunity to dig deep and dream big about ways to live into a more abundant life with Christ.
This series is designed for use by both individuals and small groups. In small groups, facilitators will guide the growing process as participants discuss and learn together. For individuals, daily videos and reflections will lead them through a similar process. Ultimately each participant will create a unique Rule of Life to guide and sustain their Christian life beyond the class.
The series is organized into six phases. Each phase will help us develop some aspect of our own ‘Rule of Life.’ In these phases, we will look deeply at our relationships with God, with Self, with Others, and with Creation.
Wednesdays @ Trinity evening classes: Growing A Rule of Life
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016 Exploring Rule of Life and Rhythm of Nature
- Wednesday, February 24, 2016 Exploring Your Relationship to God
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016 Exploring Your Relationship with Self
- Wednesday, March 9, 2016 Exploring Your Relationship with Others
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016 Exploring Your Relationship with Creation
- Subscribe to the video series at www.SSJE.org/growrule
- You will receive a daily email with a mobile-ready video and a question.
- Watch the video each day, and take time to reflect on the question it poses. You may want to use a journal to record your thoughts.
- Share your thoughts, using #growrule on your preferred social media site.