The growth of Cleveland State University (this fall’s incoming class is the largest in the school’s history) has necessitated some recent changes to Trinity’s parking procedures. In order to control the demand for our limited public parking and to preserve spaces in our parking lot for employees and guests of the Diocese, Cathedral, and space users of Trinity Commons, the following changes have occurred:
- Twenty-eight reserved parking signs for the Diocese of Ohio and Cathedral employees were installed last week. These spaces are reserved Monday through Friday during regular business hours only. Members may park there on Sundays and for weekday evening events.
- Guests attending meetings at Trinity Commons will continue to receive complementary parking.
- Members and volunteers of the Cathedral and the Diocese attending meetings, church services, or otherwise gathering in this community will continue to receive complementary parking.
- You may also see a few orange barrels with yellow tape reserving additional spaces for building users. This is a temporary solution to help preserve spaces on busy days, as needed.
- Effective Aug. 27, the public parking rate has been increased to $7.00.
- An overall signage program will be posted throughout the lot in the weeks to come.
- A new gate system, previously in the works, is now on order.
We are continuing to explore additional ways to improve the management of the parking lot, including limited permit parking in lieu of public parking, the role of an attendant and a new ticketing system. Thank you for your patience as we continue to balance our commitment to hospitality, parking lot manageability and financial sustainability. If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns contact Diane Swander (email@example.com or 216-774-0412).