Trinity Cathedral is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Description: Trinity Cathedral seeks a motivated individual for the position of Parking Attendant with Custodial skill. This is a part time position. The parking lot is a dynamic, multi-faceted, demanding lot, requiring interaction with all parking lot users. Our parking lot is used for employees and guests of the Cathedral as well as public parking; managing outside and inside use of the lot is required.
The Parking Attendant position requires a wonderful, outgoing personality. The Attendant must be friendly and courteous at all times; must be skilled in math, as making change quickly is required. Record keeping skills are also required. A background in security is preferable. Knowledge of downtown parking areas is beneficial. When needed, the Parking Attendant will assist our Building Stewards [custodians] with the cleaning and upkeep of the Trinity property. The Parking Attendant will report to the Facilities Manager. Background check and drug testing are required for employment.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be:
- Hard-working, detail-oriented, self motivated, team player, driven by a job well done;
- Able to do math calculations easily without paper and pencil and submit daily reports in writing;
- Committed to cleanliness, safety, and customer service;
- Of the highest integrity; professional in appearance, demeanor, and attitude;
- A good communicator and able to follow and provide directions;
- Comfortable in a role with a significant amount of responsibility and a high degree of visibility;
- Experienced as a custodian using buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, carpet cleaners, vacuums, brooms, mops, squeegees, ladders, etc and possess basic maintenance skills;
- Technology and computer literate, able to use email, set up, LCD projectors, TVs, DVDs, sound systems, and have basic word processing and typing skills;
- Committed to sustainability/green practices;
- Dedicated to continuous improvement, best practices, and willing to acquire new skills;
- Comfortable working in an inclusive and diverse faith community;
- Equipped with a sense of humor – always a plus.
About Trinity Cathedral: Trinity Cathedral is a church for all comers, a center for arts and music, a gathering place for those devoted to Cleveland and its future. Trinity Cathedral is a thriving urban community of faith. Our diverse congregation is committed to inspiring worship, thought-provoking education, dedicated service and determined advocacy. We invite newcomers to learn that when we say everyone is welcome, we really mean it.
To Apply: Interested candidates may mail, or email letter of interest, resume, and references with a subject heading of “Parking Attendant” to:
Contact: Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 2230 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115-2405