Please note this is an updated post as of September 2012 and replaces the prior listing.
Trinity Cathedral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Description: Trinity Cathedral seeks an experienced and motivated individual for the position of Chef/Caterer/Food Services Coordinator. The position is a unique opportunity to showcase your culinary and business skills within the environment of an outstanding facility and institution.
The Food Services Coordinator, has responsibility for all aspects of Trinity’s multi-faceted culinary programs — from hunger ministries, creation of menus for and preparation of congregation-based food service and catered events, to the cleanliness of the kitchen, and care and maintenance of the food service equipment. Trinity seeks to be a leader in the healthy, local, and sustainable food movements. The Food Services Manager position requires creativity, entrepreneurship, community engagement, and leadership.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be:
• One who loves to create and prepare wonderful food that nourishes people;
• Experienced (3-5 years) in food service management (experience in front and back of the house);
• Entrepreneurial — establish and maintain a catering business in the community;
• Extremely organized and able to create systems and processes to support others;
• Able to manage resources cost-effectively;
• A relationship builder and articulate communicator, both oral and written;
• Dedicated to continuous improvement, best practices; and driven by measurable results;
• Comfortable in a role that has a significant amount of responsibility, high degree of variability and multi-tasking including sales, marketing and best safety practices;
• Committed to sustainability;
• Comfortable working in an inclusive and diverse faith community;
• Interested in working with diverse populations and sometimes competing interests in a vibrant, complex, urban environment;
• Able to work in concert with and provide leadership to volunteers; and
• Able and willing to research/acquire new skills as needed.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Well honed cooking experience in all types of food preparation;
• Degree in food service, culinary arts, hospitality management or equivalent experience;
• Excellent technology, computer, software (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills;
• A professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude;
• Integrity, discretion, team spirit, and adaptability;
• Background in event & meeting planning/coordinating; and
• A sense of humor is always a plus.
To Apply: Interested candidates may mail, or email letter of interest, resume, and references with a subject heading of “Food Services Coordinator Search” to Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 2230 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115-2405, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Chef Food Services Coordinator for a detailed list of responsibilities.